The class I took was Muay Thai Kickboxing. It was the hardest workout I've had since I did wrestling in high school. Unfortunately, it was a little too hard for me and I ended up tearing my calf muscles (I think). We did calf exercises for the last few minutes and I think I overexerted myself. I spent Friday and Saturday trying to keep off my legs and keeping them iced, heated, or compressed. Here's a picture:
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Ultimate Fighting
I started training at LA Boxing this past week. I say "training" instead of "working out" because unlike your normal 24 hour fitness gym, this one teaches you new skills and really works you out as a result. The skills I'm talking about are Ultimate Fighting skills, or skillz--whichever you prefer.
The class I took was Muay Thai Kickboxing. It was the hardest workout I've had since I did wrestling in high school. Unfortunately, it was a little too hard for me and I ended up tearing my calf muscles (I think). We did calf exercises for the last few minutes and I think I overexerted myself. I spent Friday and Saturday trying to keep off my legs and keeping them iced, heated, or compressed. Here's a picture:
My legs feel much better today so I hope I will feel well enough to make it to LA Boxing Monday night!
The class I took was Muay Thai Kickboxing. It was the hardest workout I've had since I did wrestling in high school. Unfortunately, it was a little too hard for me and I ended up tearing my calf muscles (I think). We did calf exercises for the last few minutes and I think I overexerted myself. I spent Friday and Saturday trying to keep off my legs and keeping them iced, heated, or compressed. Here's a picture:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
OUCH! That sounds SO painful. Graham was really into fighting in high school, not something many people know. He loves American Kempo.
That's cool. I took Muay Thai for a couple semesters. I think it's my favorite stance. I now feel good about you having married Catherine. Congratulations, a few years late.
Post a Comment