Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lucy Hates it When I Sing=News to Me



She's sly but I've figured it out. Everytime I sing (which is often as I prepare for the upcoming Christmas season) Lucy tells me in a very gentle voice that I need to be quiet because her baby is sleeping. I always comply because I know how it feels to have a sleeping baby awakened by ruckus. The other day, however, we were in the car and I burst into song. Lucy said, "Shush, my baby is sleeping." Then I knew it! "AHA!" I shouted. Her baby wasn't anywhere near the car. I continued singing. Today I turned on the christmas music and we all started dancing. I tried not to sing, but I just couldn't help myself to a few of those lyrics. This time Lucy didn't pretend. She pursed her lips and said "like this mommy." WAH! At least it made me laugh. Hopefully Jack likes my singing because I love to sing action songs to him.

6 comments:

Alexia said...

hahaha. oh lucy is too funny. too bad I won't see her on Christmas morning. sigh.

Ro Ro Riot said...

However, the Jordan and Rose family do get to see Lucy on Christmas morning and for this we are excited. Also, I hope we get to hear you sing.

DeAnn said...

That's really funny!! I'm sure Jack will love your singing because I've learned that no 2 kids are alike.

Natascha said...

Ha ha ha! ROFL! (rolling on the floor laughing)

This is too funny.

Annelise said...

That happens to me too, and I think we both have perfectly nice voices. Olivia is not as polite as Lucy. She just says "Shhh!"

Hannah Faux said...

That is SO funny. Lucy is so cute. I can't even imagine how Jack would react if he didn't like your singing. All I have to say is, judging by that hot chocolate video, I wouldn't want to be there when it happened.