Monday, March 23, 2009

Pot Stickers, Rice, Steamed Asparagus, and Homemade Ice Cream!


That was dinner tonight. I had been craving Asian food since late last night, and because Elder Perry talked about delayed gratification in Stake Conference yesterday, I decided to wait until morning to get my supplies from Chao's market (good place on Center Street in Provo) and even longer (boy was I really practicing) to make them. It was a lot harder and a lot more work than I thought (yeah I guess I think things are easier than they really are a lot...maybe I just have too much confidence in my abilities). I only had to use my mother-n-law life line once! Anyway, they didn't turn out as well as I wanted them to. The second batch was much better than the first, but Leland and I enjoyed them. I mostly wanted to wow Leland with my extreme cooking skills. At least the ice cream was RIDICULOUSLY DELICIOUS. Lucy and Jack did not even touch their pot stickers until I asked them how they liked them. Lucy licked one and frowned.
Jack's favorite part was the rice. This is his place after he finished eating and I took his plate off the floor. He's a silly dude. He is the happiest guy I know. You would never know he got four shots today.

4 comments:

CFaux said...

The pot stickers looked GOOD! Did you make a dipping sauce for them? Soy sauce, same grated ginger and garlic, and some lemon. Also a little water to dilute the saltiness if you find that its too salty.

Alexia said...

Jack looks so cute! and the potstickers look delicious.

Robyn said...

Wanna make me some? Cuz now I'm craving Asian food...Kudos on your amazing self-control.

Annelise said...

Yummy! That sounds like a delicious meal as well as a nutritious one! (well, except for the icecream, but I would count that as dairy!)