Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Coromadel and "home"

It turned out our camera had a little juice left in it, so I was able to import all of the pictures on it to our computer (our charger was broken by two little kids whom I won't name). Last weekend we went to Coromandel to see Cathedral Cove (featured in Narnia Prince Caspian...so far we've toured Narnia and Middle Earth). Our camera ran out of batts so we actually had to use a disposable camera for Cathedral Cove, but we got some sweet pictures of the beach right outside our villa with our digital one. Leland and I feel pretty cool that we were able to make the seven-hour drive from New Plymouth to Coromandel with two kiddies. They certainly are troopers and we are awesome navigators! We have put around 5,000 kilometers on our car since we have driven from the bottom of the North Island to the top and all around in the middle a few times. The miles are free with our rental but I wonder what the Hertz people will say when they see what we have done to their car....hehehe (evil laugh).Leland, Lucy, and Jack at the Hahei beach in Coromandel
Jack attacking Leland
Lucy and Jack at the Brooklands Zoo in New Plymouth. It is a pretty funny "zoo." There are about five kinds of animals and a fantastic playground. But hey, it's free so I'm not complaining.




The last few days in New Plymouth have been sunny. The other day Lucy, Jack, and I walked along the coastline and played at the beach a little before picking up Leland from work. This is a picture of us right by the water.

Jack at the New Plymouth beach

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Looks awesome...you and Alexia sure get around. Does Leland actually work, or is this a paid sight-seeing trip?

Alexia said...

such cute pictures!!!

that sucks about your camera charger though