Saturday, October 24, 2009

I dedicate this slipper to Alexia


When we were little, our mom taught us how to crochet. I never made it passed the single chain, but Alexia would crochet really funny things. One time, she crochet size 14 slippers. They were the funniest thing I had seen and I think everyone who looked at them had a pretty good chuckle. (I didn't even know crocheted slippers were a real thing until much later)
I learned the basic stitches from my friend, Ann, and decided to crochet some slippers for Lucy. I downloaded a free pattern for some ballet slippers, but couldn't make sense of the instructions--even after looking up the abbreviations online. So, I decided to figure out how to make my own slippers. I was going to make them into ballet slippers, but I had so much more yarn and a good half hour left of the movie I just kept going. When I was done, I couldn't stop laughing. Leland woke up a little concerned. All I could think of was that I had made a slipper in the manner of my sister, Alexia, and then I really couldn't stop laughing. I wonder if I can get Lucy to wear them.

5 comments:

Alexia said...

haha. I would like to defend my slippers.

a) I was 11 years old
b) they would have been perfect had we only been able to find this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bao_Xishun
c) I finished them
d) I designed my self
e) the were soft.
d) and two-toned

also, do you remember the dog sweaters I used to make? or the gloves that looked like an octopus?

crocheting can be hard.

Annelise said...

I think Penny ate her dog sweater. And for the record--Alexia did wind up making a fairly nice blanket.
Catherine--The slippers would have been nice if Lucy was three months old.

Robyn said...

Very cute! Are there two of them?
Who knew you Green girls were so crafty?

CFaux said...

Go Catherine!! I like whatever you do.

Ro Ro Riot said...

I think it's adorable and would like one for myself. Just one, though, please.