Saturday, November 21, 2009

Christmas: A Sneak Peek



I made this quillow for Lucy for Christmas. It's already wrapped and under the tree, but I wanted to post some pictures because I am very proud of it. This is by far the hardest craft project I have ever done. It took me a whole month of sewing every night for hours. The whole front is hand stitched. I did a lot of things wrong and had to get creative with fixing them but oh well. The cool thing is that I made it. Cool no?

10 comments:

Maples Family!! said...

That is super cute!! Someday i would like to make a qwillow..someday!!

Natascha said...

Hot dang! That's really cool!

Alexia said...

I love it!

Jess said...

Way to go! It looks awesome! I bet Lucy will love it!

Christian said...

I'm seriously impressed! Is that all applique?

Ro Ro Riot said...

Whoa. That is very awesome. I think it's the sign of a very creative person when you can cover up mistakes you make while doing arts and crafts.

Nancy said...

Very impressive. Good technique to get the Christmas stuff done early, so noone is even thinking it might be for them. Way to go. Can't wait until Christmas.

Annette said...

I think quillos are awesome...when I worked for the church, the sister missionaries on Temple Square would make them for a humanitarian project and then we took them to the transient Bishop's office to be given out to children who were living in cars with their families, or those who came to the homeless shelter...I think every child should have one for traveling...they can carry their "security" everywhere...

Jess said...

No fair, you're going to the family ward now? (I just found out today. I just figured you guys were out of town and/or sick... plus, we were gone a few times this month.) I'll miss your cute little family and sitting next to you in Relief Society.
Also, I have your prize (for naming Gourdon). What's the best way to get that to you?

Kyle and Heidi Clarke said...

It looks so good! I cant believe you did it by hand! Thats impressive...