
Leland got us tickets to the Parade of Homes for Mother's Day. IT WAS ONE OF THE COOLEST EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE! I love looking at Remax houses online and watching HGTV House Hunters show. I love magazines about houses and nice furniture. I was so excited to go into houses and look around. I do that when I go to other people's houses, but at the Parade of Homes, they don't give you funny looks!
Bethany was kind enough to babysit for a couple of hours yesterday so Leland and I could go see some of these homes (one house had a slide that led downstairs, another house had suites for their kids' rooms...but they had two beds/room so no one is too spoiled :)). So that was part of the best day. (Also, we borrowed my Dad's Audi TT convertible and drove around feeling pretty cool.)
Another fun thing we did was camp in Grandpa's back yard again. My little brother, Peter, lit up the fire pit in the back yard, Bethany and I went to the store and got stuff for Smores and we had a blast. It was so much better than last time. We also brought our eight-man tent this time and queen Bethany--who brought a mattress from the outdoor chase (I copied her there...the best night sleep I'd had in a long time), her down comforters, and several large and fluffy pillows--slept outside with us. This time we even prepared better and no one got cold. Except Leland did end up sleeping the majority of the night inside on the couch due to his allergies and all the floaties in the air.

The bad part of the day: Jack had a high fever for most of the day until the evening. We decided to still sleep outside because I wanted to sleep near him anyway.




All I know about this picture is this: I was inside getting the kids some water. Then I heard Leland yell, "Catherine, you should come outside and see what your brother did." When I rushed outside Peter is fighting fire on the ground and before I ran to get a pitcher of water, I had to see how the piece of fiery debris that landed on his hair turned out. It was so funny!






5 comments:
I'm jealous...
What is it with Peter and fire? What a fun time. I remember when it was me with 2 young kids hanging out with family. I miss it--but I'm glad you are making good memories.
Sounds so much fun! I love the Parade of Homes--I go each year for my birthday. The Utah one is better than here, because some of the homes were so outrageous!
I know Robyn! We saw a 15,000 square foot castle house today in Highland. It was amazing but quite ridiculous at the same time.
Peter and fire just don't seem to mix. We love looking at houses too. I don't know that they even do one around here.
Post a Comment