Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a very enjoyable Mother's Day hanging out with my family. Leland gave me The Da Vinci Code, and I was happy, though I had no desire to read it. I was in for a treat, because when I opened it, I saw a Kindle! I am still excited about that. FYI My first book will be Bossypants by Tina Fey. Though I have not purchased it, I have read the sample...as well as many samples. What can I say? I love free stuff. I like how Leland likes to trick me into thinking he forgot or something, only to give me something really nice.




Also, one day, Leland came home from work and started a water fight with the kids. Everyone laughed and got wet--especially after Jack got a hold of the hose.

2 comments:

Kelda said...

Hi, this is in response to you cabinet question. They aren't as smooth as I'd like but pictures make it look like they are. but what I used was behr primer that's made to adhere to glossy surfaces, then 1 coat of behr kitchen and bath paint, then 2 coats of martha stewarts paint in the color white I chose. for the last coat I used a roller so I didn't get brush strokes but I just learned of a product called floetrol that you add to paint to lessen brush strokes so I'm gonna try that out too. Heard it works great. Also use a good brush like purdy. I lightly sanded the top coat with 220 grit. I sealed it with minwax paste wax, you could use deft clear finish too, that probably stinks less, the wax is really smelly. Hope that helps and good luck!

AlliSMiles said...

haha. that is so funny! miss you!