Disneyland was impressive and fun. We went on 12 rides, which is more than I hoped for our family. Alice, Dexter, (and even sometimes Lucy and Jack) had a hard time waiting in lines. So, we tried not to wait too long. Jack and Lucy got to go on Splash mountain, Space Mountain, and Star Tours with either Leland or me, and then the others we went on as a family. Though I love those big rides, it was more fun to see the excitement on the kids' faces when we all went together. We did the Winnie the Pooh ride 3 times because there was no wait and Alice and Dexter just loved it. Though we had fun, we decided if we go again, it wont be until our youngest is at least 5, but probably 10. By the time we went to the hotel, the kids were exhausted...except Jack for some reason. We had him run laps around trees in a grassy field before we took him back to the hotel. He loved the run and fell asleep before dinner could be served when we got back.
Lucy stayed awake for a while, but fell asleep before the pizza arrived and was really grumpy when she woke up. We realized that she wasn't quite awake because when we asked her things, she would get really mad and that is not like her at all. Leland and I had to suppress giggles because she was being so nasty! At one point She even tried to leave the hotel room. When I took her to the bathroom before bed and she said, "I'm not going to go!" and I heard her go and asked her if she was done and she said, "I didn't go!" I left her alone and she eventually found her way to bed with no recollection of it the next morning.
On Sunday, we went to church at the Anaheim ward a few minutes away. The ward was small and I found there were a lot of visitors for Disneyland. I bet they get those a lot! I loved meeting people there and I loved hearing the same Gospel we hear here in Henderson.
After church, we visited Leland's Grandma and Aunt Ellen, and Uncle Kevin. They are always so fun to see and we loved chatting with them. Our time there was too short because we had a lot of driving to do up to Lake Arrowhead. Kevin works for Mattel so they showered the kids with toys. And, Alice was in heaven with the company of their two dogs, Max and Cooper.
Lake Arrowhead was so beautiful and Aunt Nancy's house so quaint. We drove everywhere with the windows down, basking in the pine smell and cool breeze. The beach we went to was a private beach that was very nicely taken care of. The bathrooms were the cleanest I've ever seen in a facility and they even had deck chairs to use and concessions to buy. Going to the beach was relaxing and fun. We swam, made sand figures and castles, laid out in the sun, and napped.
Lake Arrowhead village was also full of little shops and sat right along the lake. We fed some ducks and played on the giant playground. They also have a little amusement park along the water and if we had known that, we might not have gone to Disneyland!
We brought several movies with us, but only watched a couple, because we ended up doing a lot of other things like playing games with the kids and working on puzzles.
I liked being able to show the kids some of the things that I used to do when I was a kid and would visit Lake Arrowhead.
On the way home, we visited with Aunt Nancy at her house in Victorville. We love and appreciate her!
We took so many pictures and I put most all of them up so enjoy!
We sure love and appreciate her!


2 comments:
I forgot to ask about your vacation when you were here! That looks so fun!
I'm glad you had a good time. I'm torn on Disneyland/world. It seems so expensive and so much effort. Yet it's one of "those things" that you want your kids to experience. We have a great little amusement park an hour from our house. We can go for less than $100, no lines, the kids can ride all the rides they want, etc. Is that better? Or do they "need" the Disney experience. I definitely want to go to Lake Arrowhead--that's sounds peaceful!
Post a Comment