Sunday, September 1, 2013

The First Day of School

This year, we have two children in school.  Lucy is in 2nd grade and Jack is in Kindergarten.  Though Alice is only 2, she wears her backpack every day for morning drop off and can't wait for it to be her turn.
To say Jack loves school is an understatement.  He gets excited to go be with his friends (8 kids from our ward are in his class--including his two best friends) and he likes to do his homework.  It almost makes up for the fact that he can't get up and watch t.v. every morning anymore.  Jack is learning the days of the week better and we anticipate the day when he stops knocking on our door to ask what day it is.

Lucy didn't get to be in the same class as her friend, Raymee, from church, but she seems to like her new teacher and class.  Homework is also easier for her now that Jack also has to do some.  I am trying to make homework time a special after school time.

Lucy and Jack still practice their violin and are doing very well.  Leland and I are impressed at how well they can play after only a few months.  I have started teaching Alice, though for now, all she has to do is "show me her bunny," which is her bow hand in a "bunny position."  I can't wait to have a little quartet or orchestra someday :)
 Alice, Jack, Lucy, and Dexter
ready to walk to school on the first day



 Jack by one of his best friends on the reading mat

 Picking Jack up after school!
All of the kids from our Primary

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love the orchestra idea. Can I play in it with you when you get it going? Sounds like fun at the Faux house. While you are making homework special, see if you can work in something they discover on their own--it is the way of the Common Core standards.