We recently moved Lucy to her own bed. Leland and I needed the space, I needed the rest, and most importantly, Lucy needed to stop breastfeeding. Her doctor said her all-night buffet was probably a key factor in her daily eating habits...or non-eating habits since she was losing weight. Anyway, we decided to move her into the crib, which was in another room. It was actually a very emotional night for everyone. Leland ended up crying more than Lucy....jk We tried to explain it was a good thing to get older and have a cool new bed.
The next night, we were sad that Lucy loved her new bed more than she loved sleeping with us. She usually gives us an initial cry to protest going to sleep, but as soon as we leave the room, she stops and goes to sleep. What an angel! She is always surprising us by being so adorable and such a fast learner. Now she is learning to sleep through the entire night . I treasure the nights she has trouble sleeping and lets me hold her for a few minutes before putting her back in her crib. Leland and I love having our bed and room to ourselves. Though it is nice to cuddle with your cute little baby, we are considering having our next baby go straight to the crib!
Monday, September 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment