The picture you see here is a picture of my first novel. That's right. I wrote a novel. It's titled Buccaneer Dan: The Most Fierce and Good-looking Buccaneer of All Time in a Quest for Treasure Part 1. It's called "part one" because it's the first part of a two part work. The story follows Buccaneer Dan and his rascally crew (including the crew economist) in a wild and sometimes violent quest for treasure. I self published it at lulu.com for a class, but I hope to submit it to an agent or publisher once I finish the second part of the story. On a side note, I graduated from BYU in economics and was accepted to BYU's law school for the fall. My family and I look forward to that.Catherine also finished her degree--only it wasn't in Economics, it was in English. She stays at home with Lucy and Jack and loves not having to do homework anymore, though she still enjoys reading quite a bit. She recently read what must have been every book by Amy Tan (Joy Luck Club, et al). She always has a list of books for me to pick up at the BYU library. They always seem to be checked out or not carried though. It gets a little frustrating. She wants to read Water for Elephants but we haven't been able to get it. What's up with that? And that's not hypothetical.
Other than that we are just doing the usual (which up to this month hasn't included blogging). Catherine made strawberry jam. It's really good.


3 comments:
I made strawberry jam too. I bought raspberries to make raspberry jam.
That's really impressive that you are writing novels! Way to go- and i'm glad you too have a blog, they're fun, eh? You're chillens are adorable! And remember you are supposed to feed the hungry.... mmm mmm strawberry jam....
Leland, that is very cool that you wrote a book! And Catherine, strawberry jam?...do you have any extra for us?! :) And to answer the comment that you put on our blog, no, we have not had the baby yet (much to my dismay and discomfort). I have another Drs appt tomorrow and will see how things go. Who knows, I actually might go all the way until my due date next week or...even late...(Ewww, hopefully not) We will let you know and then you will have to stop by for a visit!
Post a Comment