Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Lucy Goosey
Lucy is almost a whole year older since our last post. She is not so much into TV or baby Einstein anymore. Her new thing is to play house. Bathrooms, bedrooms, or any room with a door become her personal residence. Watch out though, once you go in, she doesn't like to let you out. I found this out while we were on vacation at Leland's family's house. She really liked the bathroom there because it had padded walls and a light switch she could reach on her own. I had to beg her not to keep me captive. Luckily we made her a playhouse out of PVC and cloth so there's no door you can get stuck behind. She is really funny. I love to play games with her. We always end up laughing. Sometimes Leland and I forget how old she really is because she is so smart and understands a lot. Case in point: she can say anything she wants to say now. She says three and four word sentences and can tell me what color otter pop she wants to eat. She has always been very helpful, but now I actually appreciate her help because she is more careful than she used to be. Here's a picture of her throwing a doll out the window of the house we made(it has a really cute red door on one end but you can't see it in this picture):
Lucy has a gym class that she goes to every Saturday. She loves it and is really good at hanging on the bars. It is fun to see her in the class because she is so confidant. The first time we went the teacher had the kids do somersaults. Lucy hadn't really ever done one before and had a hard time figuring it out. The following week she practiced every day until she could do it. It only took her a couple of days before she had mastered it. It was cool to see her determination, resolve, and practice pay off. We are really excited about this class and how it is helping Lucy become more confidant in her abilities. Here is a picture of Lucy hanging out at her class and another of her doing a somersault:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I remember when Jonathan and DeAnn made a house like that--so cool! We wanted to make one, but gave up pretty quickly.
Thanks for sharing your blog! It'll be really nice to keep up with your family!
I love that you have a blog finally! and that you put lucy in gymnastics! That is such a great thing for kids' coordination--and such a great outlet of energy!
I'm gonna check and make sure you have an invite to my blog! I'm so happy to keep in touch more!
P.S. I was sad that you weren't at Aimee's reception!
p.s. i just checked. you have an invite to the blog. so i expect to be on your blogroll asap.
themileses.blogspot.com
Welcome back to blogging!
Post a Comment