It seems like a lot has happened since our last blog. Lucy graduated to a "big girl" bed (with no problem... a little unexpected for us) and Jack now sleeps in the crib (he loves it). We are seeing so much more of Jack's personality as he can move better and understand more. He still loves to he held (as does Lucy) but spends a good amount of time playing in his highchair (though he refuses to eat baby cereal or bananas), his walker-type-toy, and his big boy stroller. Today I put him in the baby Bjorn for a walk and nearly died. He is way too big to carry like that now. He has always been our little smiley boy but now it seems like his happiness is contagious and it makes me feel so happy just to know I can look at him and see him smile all day long if I want.
Lucy insists on walking instead of riding in the stroller when we go on walks now. She usually brings her baby and stroller along too. She has become a big girl overnight. She put on her own pajama bottoms today by herself. She climbs into her car seat by herself and all I have to do is buckle her up. Gee I hope I don't forget to do that one day. Lucy also is REALLY good at talking. She can say pretty much anything and is very clear. She is a constant reminder for me to watch what I say (She now uses phrases like "that grosses me out" etc). She loves telling jokes and tricking me, which I really get a kick out of and love. My favorite new development is the excuses she gives before bed or anything else she doesn't want to do: first she keeps it simple by asking for things like milk, juice, water, and then she will step it up after a while and ask to go on a walk, blow her nose, go swimming, and almost any other thing. It makes me laugh every time because she is very creative. In the end though, she has to go to bed.
Lucy in her "big girl"bed. It's the same bed I used when I was little. My dad made some for me and my sisters.


2 comments:
Oh I love those beds! I remember when the three of us used to sleep all in a row.
ps Lucy looks sooo cute!
Jack is a smiler! I'm glad Lucy took to the toddler bed. Didn't I have a great idea?! \''/ Thanks for the swimming today.
Post a Comment