Thursday, September 18, 2008

Potty Training


I guess we are potty training Lucy now and I have to admit I am the reluctant one. Diapers are so convenient! I wanted to wait until she asked me to help her learn to use the potty, but after listening to her tell me she is "going pee pee" or "going poo poo" I decided waiting longer is silly. We bought a child potty converter seat and step stool today (no we are not letting it be a toilet on its own...it was just the cheapest training seat and step stool combo at Babies R Us) and Lucy already used it to go number 1 in the toilet. She is really excited about it and has exclaimed many times that she is "just like Mommy and Daddy!" That's all. I have no idea how this is going to turn out so I'll keep you all posted.

4 comments:

CFaux said...

Just let her take the lead. No pressures. You are SUCH a MARVELOUS WONDERFUL mom and I am SO grateful. I always ask Heavenly Father to help you and also tell him how grateful I am that you are my son's wife!!!

Lucy is a GENIUS. I know what you mean about how convenient it is to use those diapers. She is just growing up SO fast and furious.

Hope to get up there soon!

Robyn said...

Potty training is my least favorite thing ever--so good luck! It works best when the kids are motivated.

Mrs. Ordinary said...

Good luck!

DeAnn said...

I hope you have better luck than I've had with 3 kids so far! Karen is finally 100% for the past 2 weeks.