Friday, October 31, 2008

PU' KIBS! and Other Treasures


This is a picture of Leland and Lucy working on their pu'kibs (Lucy's pronunciation of Pumpkins). She did not want to put her hand in her pumpkin, though I kept telling her it was okay. I think she thought I was crazy and said "ew gross!" She finally got up the courage to touch the sticky seed mess in her pumpkin after Leland did (I guess that shows you how much she adores him) but was mostly content to use a spoon and then play on the floor with Jack. It was really fun to carve pumpkins as a family. This is the first year we've done it, but I'd like to do it every year.
Leland really got into the carving and gave his pumpkin hair and an Italian mustache. He is good at everything so it's no surprise that his pumpkin looks really good. I made Jack's a skull because it was already shaped like that, and Lucy's a collection of triangles.

Ta Da! Our pumpkins. There are only three because I got them at a pumpkin patch last week with Lucy and Jack and it was hard to keep track of two kids and three pumpkins. Oh well, maybe next year we will do one for each.
This is the swing that I found on Craig's list and bought yesterday. It was originally for Jack to jump in, but it scared him so we let Lucy have a turn. She LOVED it and slept the night in the swing...jk but she jumped for a really really long time, then lifted her legs up and swung, then jumped some more, then twisted in the swing and I figure I already got my ten dollars out of it. It will be great for playing inside during winter.
Lucy putting candy on the cupcake holder Poppy and Mimi gave us. I would have made cookies, but we just got to playing and then there wasn't time, but Lucy had a great idea for it anyway.
This is a picture of Lucy earlier in the day (before naps when her hair gets messy). I thought she looked really cute. (She spends a good amount of time calling Mimi on her play phone)
This picture is one from earlier in the week but it sure is a fun one of the whole family (minus me taking the picture) playing together after Daddy came home.

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

With all the sickness we never got around to carving pumpkins. Maybe we'll have Thanksgiving pumpkins. Cute pictures! Miss you guys.