Monday, January 26, 2009

Cardboard Cars

Today Lucy and I made cardboard cars out of old diaper boxes. It was fun and we were able to salvage enough cardboard to make one for Lucy and one for Jack. We even made steering wheels out of paper plates and brads. Lucy put her doll in her doll car seat and took her for a joyride. Jack liked to steer his car (until he pulled the steering wheel off) and to climb in, out, on, and over. Here are some pictures.
Oh yeah. After Jack pulled his steering wheel off, he went over to Lucy's car to have a go at hers.

Lucy giving her babies a ride.

Jack's blurry, but he sure liked to steer.
Jack standing up and pointing at his blankie which was washed and folded without him knowing. (Yeah Jack is wearing red and white Santa pants. It's just that they are soft on the skin and the pant legs barely reach his ankles, which means they won't trip him when he walks.) You can also see Jack and Lucy's cardboard house in the background. Thanks Poppi and Mimi for that gift. They play with it every day.

8 comments:

Robyn said...

I love trying to take pictures of little boys on the move--they almost always come out blurry! Those cars look like a lot of fun. Can my kids come over and play?

Ro Ro Riot said...

Now we know what we can do when you come to DC. It would be so easy to find parking spaces.

Annelise said...

So fun! I like that idea! You should call him Jack the Ripper.

Hannah Faux said...

Those cars are pretty impressive!

Alexia said...

those santa pants make me feel sorry for jack.

Robyn said...

Are you guys going to be gone all summer? We're planning on coming out at the end of July or early August (we still are waiting to see if we can afford it), but we heard you guys have some fun internship planned on the other side of the world....

Ash-face and J-pants said...

Catherine, your kids are so cute. And I support Jack in wearing those santa pants. In fact, they make me a little jealous. I wishi I had a pair that were soft on my legs and didn't trip me when I walked...

Jensen Family said...

While this happens to be a very cute and clever idea, I would appreciate if you would not post about anything having to do with being a creative mom..it makes me feel bad! Ok you can post stuff like this, but you should end with something wrong that you did that day. It makes the rest of us lazy buy a coloring book moms feel a little better. Really cute idea! I might have to copy it and claim it as my own!