Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snowed In...sort of

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be snowed in. I'm not talking about a month or anything--just a week tops. Of course we would have to have lots of fun movies/ games and a well-stocked fridge. However, now that it's happened (sort of), it's kind of nerve-wrecking. It started snowing mid monday morning and just barely stopped. It's supposed to continue all week too. I haven't seen this much snow in all the five years I have lived in this area! Sure Lucy and Jack think it's great and it is fun to bundle up and play outside, but it's weird not being able to go anywhere. The roads are so bad I don't want to risk it. Today, Lucy and I watched as car after car tried to get up the steep driveway leading out of our parking lot. I almost has a heart attack as an out-of-control Acura almost smashed into our neatly parked SUV. Lucy and I cheered when the car finally made it out to the road.
We haven't been grocery shopping since we came back from Christmas vacation and have been living on food storage, the milk I insisted we get at ten pm Saturday night (and am thankful I followed the prompting), and the bread, eggs, and pop tarts Leland so kindly got from the creamery during a class break. Oh! and also the tasty treats from our stockings! Hooray for Christmas goodies! I am so glad that Leland can ride the bus and that he can still go to school. All in all, life's not bad. We are having a lot of fun inside. I have never been so thankful for a warm house, good food, new toys, and a flexible schedule. It's funny how being cooped up has made me want to clean. It seems every where I look there is something that needs cleaning. I have done the laundry and cleaned the entire house minus vacuuming (ours broke a little while ago and I put off getting one...and now am paying for it and it's driving me crazy). I even broke down and took the stove apart.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm impressed! If I were to be snowed in today (it just started snowing again after melting), we'd be starving by tomorrow. And I probably wouldn't even be thinking about cleaning...Good luck! I hope at least the roads get cleared soon!

CFaux said...

Good thing you guys are coming back to Henderson after winter!

Natalie said...

Good job on the cleaning! We are staying inside because of the snow too, but I have tons of dirty dishes to do and I'm like....I'll do them tomorrow. What a procrastinator huh? :) Oh well though. Sorry about New Zealand, that is so weird! Hope you guys find something else that will be just as fun!

Catherine Faux said...

Well I really wouldn't worry about cleaning if it wasn't the messiest our house has ever been:) I just kept putting it off in favor of going out.

Ro Ro Riot said...

I deep cleaned our apartment when we first moved in. It's sort of emotionally cleansing, no? I hope you put the stove back together.

PS. Who designed those terrifyingly steep driveways anyway?