Friday, March 13, 2009

A Drama Queen?

(Note: Lucy does not sleep in a box.)
Tonight, before putting the kids to bed, I read them some of my favorite stories. Lucy loves stories with emotion (esp. sadness) and Sheep in a Jeep is one such book. On page 23, the sheep weep because they have crashed their jeep. After I finished reading, Lucy crumpled to the floor, put her hands over her eyes and said, "I'm so sad Mommy, I am so sad!" And then she fake-cried. "Why are you sad Lucy?" I asked. "My jeep!" she wailed as she showed me page 23. I laughed, then she laughed. She just might have a head start in her career.

4 comments:

Jacob said...

Awesome! Lily does sleep in a box. We've decided to gradually increase the size of her toy boxes until she's a teenager or so. Much cheaper than buying a mattress.

Nancy said...

Someday Lucy is going to love that you saved all these stories about her. She is so full of personality.

Natalie said...

Hey Catherine! I'm having a baby shower in April and I was wondering if I could get your address so I can send you an invitation!! :) If you could message me back either on email (natalie_nielson@hotmail.com) or on my blog, that would be great! Thanks!

-Natalie

Robyn said...

Funny Lucy!
Yeah, Seriously so Blessed is a joke...I love it! makes me laugh when I need it.