Thursday, April 16, 2009

Must be awesome...




The thing I want the most in life is for my kids to say (and mean) "my mom is so cool," or "I have the coolest mom alive!" at least ten times during their lifetime. I don't particularly care who they say it to. Tonight, we had a chocolate fountain for dinner (well we started with a chocolate fountain until Leland insisted we add ham and cheese sandwiches to the menu "so we don't die"). I loved watching the wheels turn in Lucy's head as she gawked at the running chocolate. She was definitely thinking, "Mom, you are so awesome! Do you really know how cool this is?" to which I thought, "yes, Lucy, yes I do." Jack couldn't have been happier, although he seems pleased with any sort of food so my quest to be the coolest mom ever in his mind might take a little bit more work. Really though, it was fun to try it out with Leland and the kids. We had a chocolate fountain for Enrichment the night before and I borrowed my dad's chocolate fountain. Luckily no one wanted the leftover chocolate, Grahams, marsh mellows, and strawberries and I had to take them back home.

8 comments:

Robyn said...

Yeah, you're probably the coolest Mom ever--and I'm totally impressed by Jack's mess. You and Alexia were thinking similarly today...did you see her blog?

Sherry said...

I LOVE THIS!!! I just asked Trevor for a fountain.
I was going to comment on your Radiohead blog. I do that as well.
I think you're a cool mom. And then I think I'm a cool mom when I read we're doing similar things.

DeAnn said...

You are not only a cool mom--you are a brave one! I love those chocolate pictures of Jack. I'm glad to see the fountain is being used. A bunch of us gave that to Daddy one year and I wondered if he ever used it. We should do it this summer when we're out.

Annelise said...

Catherine, you gotta keep these pictures for when they are teenagers as evidence!

Natascha said...

That dinner is at least 3000 times more delicious than the dinner I had last night.

Also, Jack is cute even when he has chocolate all over his face!

CFaux said...

Someone has to invent a little portable hose that we can use to hose off Jack. :)

I noticed Lucy is all proper with her nice Anthropologie apron and looking fresh.

Jack on the other hand....disaster! hahahaha!!

Alexia said...

Lucy is so dainty. I love it.

Jack looks like he loves having chocolate everywhere. Have you considered bathing him in it?

Anonymous said...

cute!! oh and I have been meaning to call you to RSVP, but haven't done it yet, but i'll be there.