I feel like we have connections to everyone we have met so far in New Zealand. Leland's first boss, Tom, went on his mission to Hamburg, Germany as did my little brother Peter and Leland's dad. His son is currently serving a mission in the Philippines. Leland is half Filipino. We visited with some friends of Leland's Aunt Ellen and Uncle Kevin here in Hamilton. The wife also served her mission in Hamburg.
Yesterday, our first Sunday in New Plymouth, we met a family at church who invited us for dinner. Their son, Daniel, served his mission in Salem, Utah where I am from and the surrounding areas. I actually recognized him. He remembered going to my house and meeting my dad. He now has a two-year-old daughter named Lucy. And-this is the craziest thing-their family has a cat named Frosting who is the inverse of our cat named Frosting. She is black with white paws. We joked that if she came across the equator to America, she would look like the Real Frosting: white with dark paws and Tail. It is pretty funny to find these little connections. Here are some pictures of the families we met:


5 comments:
That's one thing I love about the church--no matter where you are you can feel right at home immediately.
Cute Kiwi guys! These are unbelievable 'coincidences'! WOW. Down to the cat even! Lucy looks happy and Jack looks like he needs to be ninja. SO cool!
That is kind of bizarro! Who else in the world names their cat Frosting? So funny!
Poor guy. Imagine serving a mission in Salem.
Yikes.
It looks like you guys are having so much fun. When do you come back? I miss you.
What weird coincidences! Hey, did you ask if his son knew David Scow? Because that's the first thing I would've done.
Post a Comment