So we are in New Zealand (and our house is NOT empty thanks to the person who has moved in until we get back), we have pictures, but not very much internet time so I am not going to post them now...well we will see. So far, we have done some really fun things, but it feels a lot like we are in an unfamiliar Provo. The biggest news is I drove, by myself, all the way to Waterworld and back on the right side of the road, which means the left side of the road which means the correct side of the road which is the left side. I drove on the left side of the road! I only got honked at once and that is because I almost smashed into someone and killed us all. But, I don't count that because I didn't even see the car. The driving isn't so bad once you get used to being on the left side and having more car on your left side than on your right. Also a few weird things: 1- all the stores--including the mall and lots of restaurants--close at 5:00 or 5:30 pm! When does everyone who works shop I wonder? 2-There is NO snack isle at the grocery store. Leland and I are now keeping our eyes open to see if there are any fat New Zealanders. 3- They LOVE roundabouts and those make me nervous when I am already driving on the left side of the road.
Today we went to the zoo. It was cool to be one of four people there. Inevitably, Jack got hurt. He split his lip open falling through a net bridge at the playground. I caught him by the arm. He thought he could climb it and was just too fast.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
It's nice that you could find someone to house sit for you. It sounds like you're having a blast, though I'd suggest having a few fewer near death experiences...
What at awesome opportunity--have fun!
How cool! And can I say that it's road, not rode? Or is that the New Zealand spelling? :)
Where and who are you guys staying with? Are you in Hamilton? Who is Leland working for? I need details! Are you going to try seeing some of the Lord of the Rings sites that are open? You should go zorbing in Rotarua...I think I might have spelled it wrong, but anyway, it is so fun!!! Let me know where you're staying when you get a chance!
I am so glad that you guys got there safe and sound! I would be just as nervous as you are to drive on the "wrong" side of the road.
I didn't know that you guys were going to New Zealand! That is awesome!! How fun to be there. How did Leland find a cool job like that?
I just hope that lucy and jack survive.
Are you close to Hamilton and how long will you be there? I'd like to hook you up with some friends who you will surely enjoy. Let me know.
That's cool about driving on the left side of the road. I'm going to try that tomorrow. Just kidding.
Also, Jack is so hard core.
Jack can't be ninja in NZed! But he can be a Maori warrior! Yah! He can learn how to do the haka and scare us to death. I am missing my Lucy and Jack. I can't get myself to pick up their toys and stuff that they've left around the house. I can't bear it!!!
how cool! good luck.
Post a Comment