Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Bees-knees!

Friday was the 16th birthday of my sister, Bethany. It's weird how old she is getting. And now she can drive (legally...though she's driven almost as much as I have in my nearly 8 years of owning a license...okay 8 years is a long time. My point is: she has a lot of experience). Anyway, we drove down on Friday and spent the weekend in Salem with my sister, my dad, and my little brother, Peter. It was so much fun! Lucy and Jack loved playing outside. And Leland and I loved playing tennis with Peter, Bethany, Lucy, and Jack. As you can see, I made a birthday carrot cake in the shape of a carrot. Lucy helped with the frosting and repairing the damage Jack did when he stuck his hand in it. I just wish I would have known Bethany didn't like cream cheese frosting. OH well, she was a good sport about eating the cake and giving the frosting to Lucy.
Bethany had a big party on Saturday night at a neighbor's house. Lucy and Jack were in heaven with the giant sand box and Peter and some others enjoyed soaking the guests with some super soaker guns I found in my dad's garage and brought over. It wasn't so funny when Peter turned traitor on me--the supplier of the guns--and got me all wet, but it was hilarious when I got him to come really close to me and then smashed a plate full of cake in his face....but then he did it to me. Thank goodness for shout action gel. Moral of the Story: it was a really fun week of catching up with my family and Bethany did a good job turning 16.

3 comments:

Ro Ro Riot said...

Yes, turning 16 is a very tough thing to do well. I hope you guys didn't stuff cake in your sister's face. That would've been just mean.

Alexia said...

oh that sounds like fun. I can't believe you didn't know that she doesn't like cream cheese frosting.

Jensen Family said...

So I have talked it over with Travis and we have decided to give you a couple's rate for finding out the sex... it will be $15 for both of you! I know - our generosity astounds even us!