I just finished my first week interning w/ Intermountain Healthcare's legal department in Salt Lake City. I hadn't spent much time in SLC prior to this and I must say it is a very nice place. I'm really satisfied with my decision to go to law school so far. It has really been a positive thing. For example, I tried to get an internship in 3 different hospitals, met with CEOs, HR people, and others, and joined several healthcare societies. I did end up getting a little something as a weekly volunteer in the administration offices. But as a law student, I got a position at IHC's main office and I've participated in meetings with hospital CEOs, medical directors, doctors, risk management directors, and more. On top of this, I'm researching to solve real issues. Oh yeah, and I got to spend a month in New Zealand. Oh yeah, and I've probably at least doubled my value in marketplace--emphasis on "at least." (No offense, Econ Dept).
So I'd like to give a shout out to BYU law school. You pretty much kicked my trash my first year and I'm not sure how much I liked you then, but you're sure making up for it.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Congrats!!!
Yay for you! You old smarty pants!
Post a Comment