Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's Good to be Home!


Leland's month-long externship ended and we flew home last weekend. The flights seemed to go a lot quicker than they did going to New Zealand, which was an added bonus. At first we were separated and smushed in the back for our flight from Auckland to LAX, but Leland used his mad fighting lawyer skillz to score us some roomy seats and the use of a baby bassinet for Jack (he slept 11/12.5 hours). Lucy, Leland, and I watched movies until we fell asleep, leaning on each other. All in all, a very nice travel experience. It was so nice to spend time with "Popi" and "Mimi" in Las Vegas before heading back to Utah. We relaxed, ate candy, and went to see the movie, Wolverine. Jack gives it two fists up...just kidding we didn't let him come. After being in New Zealand (what I consider to be the most beautiful country I have ever seen), I realized that Utah is actually very pretty. I never thought so before, but now I appreciate it a little more--even the brown, dusty parts.
It was nice, too, that there wasn't hardly any cleaning to do once we got home. I forgot that I cleaned before we left. We put Jack and Lucy together in the same room now because they would laugh for a good hour together before falling asleep on the trip. It's fun to see how they are really close. Now we use Jack's old room as a toy room, which lessens the toy mess. It feels great to be home. Oh, and it's also nice that it is summer here. We were getting into winter in NZ and I needed to be baked in the sun. Yay for Summer!!!

No comments: