Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Month of War


This month, Leland and I are celebrating the month of war. For all of June, we are learning all we can about the different wars in our nation's history (and probably the whole world if we have time). I am not saying I am pro war or anything, but we love to learn about what happened. We are reading all sorts of books (my favorite one is LIFE Magazine's World War 2 book complete with photos and essays), watching war movies (so far our favorites have been Flags of our Fathers, Saving Private Ryan, and Letters from Iwo Jima...We give We Were Soldiers a thumbs down...sorry Mel Gibson, you make a clumsy soldier), and maybe even writing letters to our soldiers in Iraq. I am finding it all very interesting. There are a lot of things I never knew before.

1 comment:

Alexia said...

you should watch band of brothers.

p.s. I hate war.