Leland and I have been wanting to get into outdoorsy stuff like camping, river rafting, hiking, etc. So, we bought a tent (and are planning on getting hiking backpacks and equipment eventually). Since, our kids are still small, we decided to practice camping until everyone likes it, then try it at a real campsite.
Right now, Leland and Lucy are asleep in the tent Leland put up using his flashlight for light (we turned all the lights off and armed the kids with their own flashlights). Jack opted to sleep in his own bed and I'm on the cushy couch with the computer for two reasons: 1. the floor is hard and the air mattress is too far away and 2. it is barely 9:00 and I am a big kid.
It was pretty fun to tell stories and all snuggle together in the name of family adventurality. Here is a picture of the tent in our living room.


3 comments:
I wish my kids had cool parents like you.
Robyn-Don't be so hard on yourself. Cool is in the eye of the beholder
Catherine-I think it is very "Big Kid" of you to want to be the outdoorsy type.
Post a Comment