
So this post starts with my birthday and ends with Lucy's birthday (even though her birthday is the day before mine). We were lucky to have our birthdays fall on a weekend, because it made the whole weekend festive. Leland surprised me with flowers and a wonderful Sunday breakfast that he and the kids made while I slept in. (I actually forgot it was my birthday until I smelled muffins! )Then I had to find my presents (which was easy after Lucy's obvious tip). Jack got me a Mickey Mouse go fish card game and Lucy got me some socks. Leland took the kids to the store the day before and let them pick out something to give me. I thought it was so sweet and truly enjoyed their presents. We all played the card game together and I put on a pair of socks. Lucy was right about me needing socks! Leland got me some pretty cool presents too!
This is the morning of Lucy's birthday. We are eating homemade rice pudding--Lucy's favorite--for breakfast...and being silly with our party hats.
Lucy had a princess party. She dressed up as Sleeping Beauty (thanks Poppi and Mimi for the dress) and everyone else came as Snow White.
Leland did a good job entertaining the girls while cutting the cake.
Lucy changed into her snow white dress after everyone left. She is playing with her presents. She got a good haul. She is excited and ready to be 4. She's so smart and capable. I am very proud of her and love her very much.
Jack was the only boy at the party.
Lucy's princess party was a huge success, but it was also very stressful planning it. I didn't appreciate all of the trouble my own mom went through planning all of the games etc at my birthday parties, but now I sure do. I mean one year I even had a giant teepee. Now that's pretty cool. I wonder how long it took for my parents to build that thing!
Leland and I decided we will do a friend party every other year. It was a lot of fun though.


No comments:
Post a Comment