
I love being able to think about only Jack for a good while every week.
He is such a sweetheart. Some of the things I have learned about Jack are:
1. He wants to be big.
2. He wants to be trusted to make his own decisions and take care of things.
3. He wants to be talked to like he is an adult and his opinions are valued.
3. He wants to be a dad. He always says, "when I'm a dad...." He idolizes Leland.
4. He is very kind to other kids and is proud of himself when he shares or takes turns.
I have been thinking about what Jack needs emotionally lately and since we have been spending so much one on one quality time together lately, his tantrums--especially the throwing heavy objects ones--have decreased dramatically each day. I have noticed that he has made more of an effort to control himself when he gets upset. It melts my heart to see him work so hard to control himself.

I am having so much fun with him. I used to worry about how he will change when our baby is born, but he has assured me that he will love the baby and teach her to jump. I know it will be an adjustment for all of us, but I am confident that Jack will enjoy being a big brother.


3 comments:
He's so cute I'm enjoying my one-on-one time with Isaac too. I wish we could do play dates together.
I can't believe little Jack Attack is getting to be so grown-up. He will make the best big brother.
This sweet posting made me cry like a baby.
I ADORE Mr. Jack Attack.
Post a Comment