Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds


Lucy likes to sit at her "desk" and write, draw, or color. (She also likes the song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" because it is her song). She's at her desk for at least three hours a day. She loves writing her letters and numbers. So far, she can write her name and Jack's name from memory. Every time she wants to write a new word or name, she asks me how to spell it. If she isn't familiar with one of the letters, she will practice writing it over and over again until she can do it from memory. She has so much initiative. I can't wait until she learns how to read, because I know she will enjoy having a whole new world opened up to her.

Right now, Lucy likes to draw people, flowers, and ladybugs.






I was quite impressed with the way she can color in the lines.

She likes to keep her workspace tidy so we let her use a magazine holder that we had.


Jack likes to be at the table and "write" too.

Lucy and Jack watching Peter Rabbit with Leland after school.


Eating ice cream together. (The other day on the tramp, I heard Lucy tell Jack he was her best friend and then Jack said Lucy was his best friend. I resisted the urge to say, "hey! What about me?")

No comments: