Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Sandlot

Since watching the Sandlot for movie night a few weeks ago, the kids have been really into baseball. They started out with a blowup bat and big foam ball and progressed to a plastic bat and a wiffle ball. I have not been a big fan of baseball, but now I am. I love seeing Lucy and Jack get excited about a sport. And, what's even cooler is they are good at it! We practiced batting outside for a good portion of the day today.


In addition to his tie, Jack now has to wear a baseball cap around.


Jack keeping his eye on the ball.


That yellow ball went pretty far.


I'm glad Leland played baseball, because I don't really know much about the game. He was a good teacher. Although I couldn't instruct, I helped by cheering from the sidelines.


If they are this good at hitting a baseball, I wonder how good they will be at tennis!

1 comment:

Ro Ro Riot said...

What is it about that movie that is so engaging? I miss Lucy and Jack. They're so cool. Oh, and GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!