Holding up Easter baskets filled with underwear (not what they will be filled with in a few weeks...we aren't that lame)
Please excuse Jack's attire. He is not allowed to wear pants this week. Also excuse Lucy's belly.
Jack told me yesterday that he wanted to start using the potty. I was ready to hear him say that. this morning, I whipped out the big boy undies and sat him on the potty. Years ago, I said I would Never Ever use those little potties. Yuck right? Why clean up extra mess? Well, I've changed my philosophy. Diapers are just as gross. I let Jack call the shots this time around. He wanted to use the little potty at first, but then decided the big potty was much cooler. (I didn't even have to prod him). He did a great job using the potty. I am giving him (and Lucy...and myself) treats every time he goes potty in the toilet. He's so big now!
Jack was so proud of himself. He conducted and participated in the entire family home evening with a pile of brand new Batman underwear (from Dad) in his arms. He wanted to try on every one. I was beginning to worry that he would wet his pants as an excuse to model a new pair. Luckily, he didn't have an accident the whole time he wore his Batman underwear so I decided not to worry about it.
Wish me luck this coming week! If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment. I am just using some common sense to potty train.


4 comments:
Ugh. I tried to train Isaac a few weeks ago and it ended up being a bust. I'm now waiting for him to do what Jack did--tell me when he's ready. But he's 3 1/2 and the clock is ticking. I'm happy for you and Jack!! Good luck--it sounds like he's ready and it will last.
Just don't get frustrated and give up.
Amazing. I feel like I'm still potty training my boys!
I've never met a 19 year old who's not potty-trained so I wouldn't worry. Lee's potty-trained. I did a great job!!
BTW: I love your family room rug. It is gorgeous!
Post a Comment