Thursday, September 1, 2011

Housework


I thought I would post something we've changed about our house. Leland knocked out the wet bar we had (we now have to use the kitchen sink which is a few feet away...I don't understand wet bars right off or in the kitchen) and put in a functional desk instead. I love looking at it and using it. In fact, I am typing this at the desk in the picture!


First, we got this desk and stuck it in our dining room to inspire us with the demolishing of the wet bar.

Then, I watched as Leland destroyed this.


Leland did the floors and walls while Lucy, Jack, Alice, and I were in Utah for our family vacation. (Leland joined us mid-week)


And, then I filled it with a bunch of our stuff. I still want to get doo dahs to spruce it up a bit, but it's great and fully functional now!


We are working on the right chair for it ;)
Yay for Leland, who did most of the work!

5 comments:

DeAnn said...

I love the desk sooo much more than the wet bar. Good call!

Robyn said...

That's awesome!

Annelise said...

I love it! How did he do the floors? Was it easy?

Nancy said...

Wow! That is such a great idea! It ooks like it was always there. Don't worry, the doo dads will come soon enough as you stick up a this and a that. I hope the word verification code below is not forecasting my comment. It says dumbe. :o)

Ann Amelia said...

nice! and why didn't you call me when you came to Utah!