Leland and I hated that our family room's brick fireplace was painted white. At first it had two brick columns that went all the way up to the ceiling. Leland knocked those down a while ago, but we still didn't know what to do with our fireplace. We thought we would either cover the fireplace with wood or replace the rest of the brick with tile and wood; however, neither of these options would provide our family room with color or contrast. So, we decided to paint the brick. We found a very helpful blog here. It looks sandblasted right? We actually just painted those bricks and put a white, wood mantel up. I love the color of the bricks against the blue of the wall. We just have to paint where Leland knocked down some more bricks (easy), put wood trim around the bottom (easy), and decorate (my favorite part)!!!!!!
So, be prepared to see another complete picture in a bit!
So, be prepared to see another complete picture in a bit!


8 comments:
My favorite thing is that Jack is still wearing his costume!
Also, the fireplace looks really good!
Wow! It looks so great! Is this the project that allowed me to sleep in? :)
It looks even better than the way I imagined it when you described it. So impressed.
Nice!!!
Looks great. The funny thing is that when I watch home shows they always paint brick fireplaces white. I never get it. I think you have it right!
AMAZING!! Better than Ellen's. Let's start decorating!
I"m going to get Jack more superhero outfits.
I'm seriously impressed!
Wow! Great job! I never would have thought to paint brick back to, well, brick color. Looks great you guys.
One more thing to check of the never-ending list that comes with home ownership, right? :)
Post a Comment