Leland turned 29 yesterday! He is so old :) I wanted the day to be fun for him because he always says his birthday is no big deal. So I made him a birthday breakfast of Fabulous French Toast (from the Takasaki family cookbook, which to me is the bible of all cookbooks), and slightly burned hash browns (tee hee...maybe we should have gone out for breakfast?). Then, he opened his present.After breakfast, we did Saturday chores, which suited Leland just fine. Plus, we had to take down the Christmas decorations. We rode bikes around with Hannah and Tascha, Leland's sisters, and then went bowling with them and our friends, the Spurgeons.
Leland usually wins at everything, but when we bowled he came in dead last. Even the kids did better. But, his spirits recovered in time for his birthday dinner made by Tascha and Hannah, complete with a DQ Blizzard cake. His parents gave him an X Box and some games, which made his day and probably made up for losing at bowling. (Though he trash talks so much, I don't think Hannah and Tascha will ever let him forget that he lost to everyone.)





this picture is blurry, but I like it because you can see Leland playing the X Box and Jack wearing his new Wolverine costume that Poppi and Mimi got him for Christmas.




No comments:
Post a Comment