Monday, July 9, 2012

America's Cheapest Family...I want to be besties with them.



I have been reading this book.  It's amazing!  I feel so empowered by the things I'm learning.  This family http://www.americascheapestfamily.com/ has five kids, owns a home and two cars and is debt free! They don't even make that much money!  

They have a Dave Ramsey approach to paying off debt where you free up any money you have, pay every debtor something every month and put all of your excess (with a little into savings each month) into paying off the smallest debt first.  This also means you don't buy a lot of anything.  Which, is actually something I like about it.  It seems like the more I see, the more I want, the more I need, the more I buy, and don't really feel fulfilled by any of it.  I've heard that a person's consumption rises with her income.  I want to fight this.  What if I could eliminate all of that wanting, needing, buying? And, instead, focus on being satisfied and even excited with using the things I have?  That sounds like a more fulfilling plan.  Of course, I know I have to buy some things to live.  So, I'm starting this journey.  You should read this book.  It might change the way you spend.  Who knows?

No comments: