Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summer


This is Leland, Lucy, and Jack, (and Alice and I...Dexter is sleeping nearby), playing our new favorite board game, Hero Quest.  It's actually Leland's from his childhood.  I used to tease him about it because he loved to play it.  I told him we could play it every year on his birthday :). Lucy and Jack are the perfect age for it now, though, so I stopped teasing Leland about it.  We love to play it on Sundays after church.

I have so many pictures to post of things we have done now that summer is here, but our internet is slow right now and for some reason our computer is having a hard time loading pictures in general.  
So, this picture will have to suffice for now.

Here are the few things I want to blog about:

1. Summer School.  Lucy, Jack, Alice, and Dexter all have Summer school.  So far, everyone loves it.  Lucy and Jack work out of the-next-level-up workbooks with the occasional science experiment to mix things up. (last week we used straws to blow bubbles on plates.  It was a big hit with everyone!) Alice is working on shapes, puzzles, and colors.  I know she is only 1 but it never hurts to get a head start on things.  Plus, she love the one on one attention.  Dexter has tummy time and song time with exercises to seal the deal.

2. We went to Utah a few weekends ago and saw lots of family.  We went to Seven peaks and played at Grandpa Green's house.  We had so much fun, no one wanted to leave to go home.

3. Dexter is getting so big!  He is so patient and trusting.  He is just what we ordered and we love him so much!  He can hold his head up well, roll over, and almost sit up.  We started sleep training him.  Well, we stopped letting him sleep in our bed.  When you don't have a goal, it's easy to do whatever, but when we set a goal to have our own room in the next month or two, then we knew we had to stop bringing him into our bed late at night. 
 Last night, I dressed him in a long-sleeved onesie (our room is deliciously cold), wrapped him tightly in a blanket, and put him in his crib.  He fussed a little, but then went to sleep.  He woke up at about 4 A.M.  Instead of taking him into bed, I nursed him in the chair and then put him back in his crib, awake.  He fell right back to sleep and didn't wake up until 7:00.  It was so nice having our bed to ourselves.  Hopefully, this will become a habit.

4. We are loving Summer.  Swimming, playing outside after dinner, and not having to walk to school at 7:30 are some of our favorite things.

No comments: