Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lucy Is Growing Up. . .

Lucy holding Dexter
 Lucy is growing up so fast.  In a few short weeks, she will turn 6.  She loves helping me, Leland, Jack, Alice, and Dexter and she loves trying out new things.  She loves baking, crocheting, and now sewing.  She asked me if I would teach her how to sew.  We found some fabric and I had her practice sewing straight lines.  Then, she made a skirt by making some casing, adding elastic, and attaching it to a too-small shirt I had with the arms and neck cut off.  She picked out the fabric from my bin for the top and I just told her where to pin and where to sew. She did all the sewing, pinning, and unpicking. She was nervous about the machine at first, but caught on really quickly.  I'm so proud of her for taking the initiative to learn.




Ta Da!                                       

2 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Lucy is amazing! And you are an awesome mom. I want to be like you when I grow up.

DeAnn said...

That's great! My poor kids will never learn to sew from me because I have such an aversion to it. Hopefully they'll pick it up on their own at some point.