Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Plug for AAA

When I first got the letter from AAA soliciting us to sign up for a membership, I shrugged it off. If there is a car problem: 1.Leland will take care of it. 2.If I am driving alone, I will call Leland...and back to number 1. I didn't really see us needing AAA except for all the cool hotel and car rental discounts we could get. I ended up buying it because it was only 50 dollars for both of us (some special offer) and I remembered using it in high school when my tire popped and thinking it was a good thing (though I asked a guy to help me change it and when he couldn't get the rusty nuts and bolts off the hubcaps of my 1994 Buick Century, I pulled out my AAA card and said I'd give them a call. The man was like "what?!" tee hee). So when our car died this week and we called AAA who sold us a new battery for a discount price and installed it for free all in a whopping twenty minutes, I was really glad to be a member. From now on, I will check to make sure Lucy didn't flip the light on before getting into her car seat. This is the second time our car has died due to someone leaving that light on. At least it's a happy ending!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

My kids do that all the time! Plus, they move all the car mirrors and seats and turn the heat on in the summer time. Can AAA take care of all that? Or maybe I should stop letting the kids play in the car....

THE GREEN MandMS said...

Thanks Catherine and Robyn for the insight I remember this. Don't let kids play in the car.