In honor of Mr. King, we had one of the most awesome weekends ever. We played on the playground in the afternoon and then hung out in the family room Friday night atop blankets instead of taking baths; after my morning Yoga session (yes I am OBSESSED WITH IT) we caught a matinee of Madagascar 2 with the whole family on Saturday (though Lucy was only interested in the first part and the popcorn); we attended my dad's ward to see my little brother-who just returned from a mission to Germany-speak on Sunday and visited with friends and family later; and hung out and talked with Peter, my little sister, Bethany, and my dad on Monday. It was jam-packed with fun and we loved seeing Leland all day every day. It was hard to go back to our usual routine. Lucy and Jack both kept asking where Daddy was today. I think they were as bummed as I was that he had to go back to school. Even with Martin Luther King day off, the weekend was TOO short. Here are some fun pictures:

Sorry this picture is a little blurry, but I caught these two munchkins playing under the table and tried to capture the fun. Ignore the dirty floor. Cleaning is something I didn't do a lot of this weekend.

Lucy does all sorts of tricks and is no longer camera shy.

All the blankets and pillows in the house on the floor for the premier of our Mickey Mouse cartoons. Lucy and Jack crawled around the whole time. Yeah ignore the way I look.

Lucy loves to cook wearing her new apron. She helped to cook a lot of meals this weekend.

Jack waiting patiently for Lucy (and an adult) to cook his food.

Leland holding a present (Lucy in a box)...we LOVED having Leland home. It was the best part of the weekend.
This video is Lucy and Jack playing in a cardboard house they got for Christmas!!!! Yay Poppi and Mimi! They love it. Hannah and Tascha were babysitting last Thursday and actually took the video. Thanks Hannie and Taschie!
7 comments:
I wish we could have been there to see Peter and hang out with Daddy! Sounds like a great weekend!
That is awesome that your husband was able to be home with you guys on Monday...totally jealous! I think my husband studies way too much personally, but oh well. I'm glad you guys had such a fun weekend. And did I hear right? Are you guys going to New Zealand again now? ttyl
Yeah, it's always nice to have dad/hubby around. How was Peter's talk? I would have loved to hear it. I really should have flown out--I thought about it for Becky's baby and then I could have seen/heard Peter too. Oh well.
After I have this baby, you need to teach me a hing or two about yoga!
looks like a way fun weekend!
I hope you will celebrate my birthday like this.
My favorite part is that at the end of the video you can hear Jack falling. So funny.
Post a Comment