Monday, March 30, 2009
Another funny Thing
I know I have posted a lot for today, but it has been a busy day here. So I was looking up someone in our ward directory online (I had to go through lds.org) and Lucy was watching me. When she saw the picture of Christ on the web page, she said, "I love Jesus." I decided this was a perfect opportunity to explain His role in Easter. I said, "We love Jesus because he died for us and then was resurrected on the third day (which means he came back alive) so that when we die and go to heaven, we can all be together again." She thought for a moment and looked very confused so I said, "Grandma Green is in heaven and one day I will see her again because of what Jesus did." Then I looked at her and she said very matter-of-factly, "One day I will die." and I said, "well not for a very very long time when you are very very old." and hugged her. I hope she can sleep tonight. I didn't mean to scare her and I am sorry the message she got was she was going to die one day, but it was funny at the same time. And, although I didn't laugh then, I am laughing now. Silly Lucy. Maybe I will be a little more tactful when I grow up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
that's so cute. lucy can be so serious sometimes.
I doubt she even can fully grasp the concept of "death". No worries. The important thing is that you are creating a way to make talking about Christ and other spiritual matters easy and comfortable. If you don't start now, it will be uncomfortable to talk about these things to your children when they get older. I am sure you were yielding to inspiration there. GOOD ON YOU!!! You are a fantastic mother and I am so proud!!!!
Post a Comment