Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Jack is a very tough boy


Today I took Jack to see the Dermatologist. He had these weird bumps all over his stomach. The Doctor was really nice and put this painless serum on each one. Jack was happy until about an hour later. I went to wash the stuff off and all of the little bumps had turned into dime-sized blisters. He has about twenty-five. I gave him some Tylenol, but for the rest of the day he just laid on his back, not moving. Lucy, Jack, Bethany, and I just huddled on the couch and watched movies all afternoon (except when Jack took a break to sing us a Snow White song and tell a few jokes). Jack kept telling me he was a tough boy and he was right! He didn't really cry except when I changed him. Otherwise, he was content to hold my hand. It made me sad that he hurt, but I sure liked holding his hand. At dinnertime, I fed Jack like a baby and he loved it. Hopefully these little buggers won't last the night.

2 comments:

DeAnn said...

What a sweetheart!

Annelise said...

Poor guy. He is such a darling. Bethany told me Jack can say her name clearly. Awesome!