I cook when Leland doesn't...so we don't starve. But, I LOVE to bake. I love to make all sorts of treats from cinnamon rolls to brownies to muffins to honey wheat bread. The only thing is, I am a hit and miss baker. The things I make rarely turn out the same way twice. Most of the time, they still turn out nicely. Not always though. It can be very frustrating! I used to not worry because I didn't try very hard; but lately I have been very meticulous with my measurements, time, methods etc. and I haven't improved!
I tried to make caramel popcorn (yes still craving it Annelise!) today for movie night and messed it all up. I KNOW HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL POPCORN! What's my deal? I don't know. The kids both helped, too, and were very excited to eat homemade caramel popcorn...Let down!
On a brighter note, I taught myself how to knit!
Friday, September 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Even Daddy and Christian rarely have things turn out the same way twice...It happens.
Ask Stanley--his cooking is reliably good. Have you learned to pearl yet? I have crocheted a sweater which has knitting (pearling) on the cuffs and neck. Diane was teaching me when she died, and now I am stuck.
I can vouch for the fact that you make yummy caramel popcorn. I feel I can relate to your problem. Could it be genetic?
Post a Comment