Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Today is the Greatest Day I've Ever Known...






(That Smashing Pumpkins song took me back to one of Peter's first days of high school. He had to make a movie for sophomore class council and that was the song he used.)

Anyway.

Today Lucy started her new preschool. She likes it. After school, we went to play at the playground with several other moms and their kids from our ward. Lucy saw two girls from her new class whom she liked an invited them to play with her ward friend and her. They all played together for a while. I didn't get to meet the girls' mom because I didn't know the girls were from Lucy's preschool class until after when Lucy told me.


This might sound funny to you, but I am learning there are good non-Mormon people everywhere. I have lived in the bubble of Utah county all my life and have not even met many people of other faiths let alone befriended them. Ironically, one of my best friends in the whole wide world from Provo isn't Mormon. None of our close neighbors are, yet as we walk around, I get so many "hi" and "Youv'e sure got your hands fulls." I get that last one about three times in an hour! I get it. People don't have a lot of kids. Especially at Costco. Why are you shopping at Costco I wonder. Throwing a lot of parties? hmm.

Jack also started his Toddler Ninja class. He actually learned to punch a bag held by another boy. It was pretty crazy because the ages were 2-3, but Jack was very proud of himself. I was proud of him too because guess who paid attention and followed directions amid chaos. That's right, Jack. He is also athletic so that was cool to watch. He can't wait to pummel Leland when he gets home.



Alice is very social. This is a first for me. She will coo at every smile in sight. She loves attention from everyone and has even started to warm up to Leland. She used to have a very nice little scowl for him when he came home from work, but now she smiles and even came so close to laughing at him the other night. I think she realizes now that he is her dad and not that really nice milkman.

5 comments:

Natascha said...

that toddler ninja class sounds awesome!

Adam Green said...

I remember that song!! It'll be stuck in my head all day. My boys were profoundly impressed with the Ninja Toddler class :-). - Jennie

Robyn said...

You're such an awesome Mommy!
I thought Las Vegas was 1/2 Mormon, 1/2 gansta?

DeAnn said...

A toddler ninja class? That is the coolest thing I have ever heard of. We want to sign Isaac up for karate--but ninja lessons sound much cooler.

Hannah Faux said...

I want to take a ninja class too. Maybe Jack will teach lessons??