
I decided to start working on my healthy recipe anthology (which I'll be honest, consisted of...um...nothing). This week I made Cream of Corn and Vegetable soup. It was great and almost fat free, although I'll admit we added a little pepperjack cheese. Right now, I am making low-fat granola. Oh man it's delicious! This is my attempt at being a cook, so be proud of me.
Here are the recipes:
Cream of Corn and Vegetable soup
1 diced zucchini
1 diced onion
1 diced green or yellow bell pepper
4 cups frozen corn
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups nonfat milk
1 T olive oil
Puree 2 cups frozen corn and 2 cups milk in a blender.
Heat oil in a pan at medium-high heat. Cook diced zucchini, onion, bell pepper, for 5 minutes
Heat chicken broth and 2 cups corn in a soup pot on medium heat, add pepper mixture. When it boils add milk/corn mixture and heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste...then some pepper jack cheese
Done.
Granola
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup honey
4 cups old fashioned oats
4 cups bran flakes
1 cup dried apples
3/4 cup golden raisins
toast almonds on a greased cookie sheet at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
combine everything else minus the fruit in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Lay out on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for thirty minutes. Add almonds and fruit and cool before storing in an airtight container.


1 comment:
I have got to try that corn and veggie chowda.
Post a Comment