Last night Leland and I reupholstered the chairs in our breakfast nook. We meant to do that when we bought them nearly a year ago, but I was so wishy-washy about any kind of fabric I liked. Yesterday, however, I had exactly 30 minutes to drive to Hobby Lobby (for some other projects), buy a list of things, and get back to pick up Lucy from Kindergarten. Since Hobby Lobby is about a 5-7 minute drive, I had to be very precise about what I was going to buy. When I saw this flowered fabric, I thought, "it would look great on my chairs and is pretty inexpensive. I should buy it." And, I did.
I couldn't be happier. When I got home and pulled out the fabric, I was pleased to see that it was almost the same design on our adjacent family room rug and had the same colors as the plates on display in our kitchen and the base color matches our desk exactly!
The Youtube video I watched made it seem like a quick job, but because we made it kid-proof (we added heavy plastic) it actually took us a few hours to get all four chairs back together.
I couldn't be happier. When I got home and pulled out the fabric, I was pleased to see that it was almost the same design on our adjacent family room rug and had the same colors as the plates on display in our kitchen and the base color matches our desk exactly!
The Youtube video I watched made it seem like a quick job, but because we made it kid-proof (we added heavy plastic) it actually took us a few hours to get all four chairs back together.
You can see we added our own special touch (aka stains from dirty hands and spilled milk) to the original material.


3 comments:
So cute! Good find, Catherine!
Pretty! I'm glad you found something you like.
They look so good!
Post a Comment