Friday, April 6, 2012

Yay for Spring Break!



This week was Spring Break so Lucy didn't have to go to school.  More importantly, we didn't have to take Lucy to school :).  It has been a perfect week to have a newborn.  I am enjoying this time of sleeping in and not having to hurry to get dressed or hassle Lucy to get dressed. 
We've also been able to do a few fun things as a family too!  
On Tuesday, thanks to my friend Carly, we went to the District (a family-friendly outdoor shopping center) for free ice cream from Ben and Jerry's and face painting-or arm painting rather, since Lucy and Jack opted for that instead- and balloon creations.  Lucy got a princess crown, Jack got an Ironman, and Alice a pink dog.
Wednesday, we played at the park with friends
Thursday, we played "Daniel and the Lion's Den" (a tag game from my childhood) over and over. It was perfect because we have wood floors throughout the downstairs (for the lion) and three huge carpets (for the Daniels to escape the lions).
And today, we are planning a trip to Kettlemucks (a cool toy store with a sand pit for digging up treasures) and a trip to the salon for Lucy...I tried to trim her bangs and really botched it up.  tee hee.  So, we'll go get it fixed and Leland won't even know...until he reads this post that is.
Oh! And, we are cleaning our rooms and bathrooms per usual on Fridays.  Lucy and Jack love cleaning the bathrooms with me and are usually pretty good about cleaning their rooms with a little prodding.
Tomorrow?  I want to take the older kids to Mirror Mirror.  I heard it was good and hopefully, it won't be scary for them.

 Lucy holding Dexter while I watch Leland make breakfast
 Alice eating a little pre-breakfast.  She is the first to arrive at the table every morning.
 Alice drinking her juice at the playground.  The weather is nice and warm, but she has to wear snow pants to cover her legs and bum when she scoots around.  Otherwise, she gets huge scrapes.  Hopefully, she'll learn to walk before it gets too hot!
Dexter still sleeps most of the time, but as long as he's sleeping during the night, I'm okay with that.  It doesn't stop us from staring at him and snapping his picture though.

I ought to mention that Lucy and Jack are such good friends and I love hearing them play together everyday.  Sometimes they make believe really funny things and I laugh while I listen and/or watch.  Jack and I will be sad when Lucy goes to school all day next year.
Alice sees herself as a big girl now and plays as much as she's allowed with Lucy and Jack.  She loves to be a cat and meows and crawls all around or be the mom and make food at her play kitchen for her babies (Lucy, a doll, a stuffed pig, and me).

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I remember those days of 4 kids 5 and under...Get all the help you can! Your kids are adorable!