These are a few of my favorite things in no special order.
Papa Johns Pizza. I love that I can think about dinner at 5:00, call Papa Johns (oh and they know my order), and have dinner ready on the table at 6:00. It's so convenient, we order it 2 or 3 times a month. And, we always order the same thing: a Lg extra cheese pizza for the kids and a Lg cheese pizza with tomatoes for us. We are on a cheese pizza kick right now if you can't tell.
Alice at the doctors two weeks ago. She was so funny! Usually she hates the doctors so much she wont let me put her down, but this time she didn't mind it at all. She even got a shot and she was still happy. In this picture, I asked her to smile but she was frowning instead. What a funny girl!
This represents probably my favorite of favorites right now. ALICE CAN WALK!!!!!! She decided to take her first steps during family home evening this week. She just stood up and went. We put everything on hold to encourage and congratulate her. It almost made me cry it was so awesome! She still isn't calling it transportation, but it's a huge first step!
Dexter's newborn pictures taken by the talented Brittany Busk. I have never gotten professional newborn pictures of any of our kids before and am very pleased with how Dexter's turned out. He is such a cutie and I know I will love having these pictures to look at. Also, Brittany is awesome!
Our new dentist, David Jones. Everyone in his office should get an award for being so nice. I have never felt so loved at the dentist. I went a little bit ago and only got a mini lecture about flossing--it was great! I'm happy to announce that I have flossed every day since! I also had no cavities fyi. Jack on the other hand, has 4 and hopefully it won't take an arm and a leg to fill them.
Though, Lucy and Jack both think the dentist is fun, because of all the toys they got while they were there.
I just love this picture because it has Jack's personality written all over it.
Also, it's a pretty cool bike!
We got a trampoline! The kids and I play on it nearly every day. Today, we invented a game called "laser ball" where you take all the big balls in the yard--which for us is 4--and put them on the trampoline. Then, you jump. Everyone starts the game with 10 points. Every time you touch a ball, you lose 1 point. The person to get to 0 first, loses. Since I was the heaviest (and I don't dare jump), I lost most of the games. Jack always gives himself 100 points so he never loses and Alice just bounces around on her bum. Lucy is jut plain honest.
Alice loves her stuffed monkey. Actually, it is Lucy's stuffed animal,
but anything that is fuzzy or soft becomes Alice's toy at some point.
Alice dresses her monkey and feeds it bottles and takes it to bed with
her for naps and night time. She will be a good mom someday (I mean
Alice, not the monkey).
The splash pads at this new park. They have a waterfall/ car wash type of sprinkler and a splash pad river, which is Alice's new favorite thing.
Lucy crochets! She asked me to teach her and loves to practice her chain stitch.
All the Filipino food we had at my in laws house this week. Leland's Filipino grandma and her Filipino caretaker visited from California. Every meal was authentic Filipino food. Alice gobbled down everything we put in front of her.
Leland is learning Chinese! He is the assistant to a Chinese teacher at a local high school and is working at staying one step ahead of the students. He excelled in his Chinese class at BYU and wanted to get better. I think it's a pretty cool hobby. Oh yeah, he hasn't seen this picture yet. I snapped it late one night to document his "studying." He actually looks a lot like Dexter.
The Avengers movie. Leland and I went to see it last night. Jack was pretty jealous.
We laughed so hard. I give it an A.
Go see it. You'll probably love it too.
The Avengers movie. Leland and I went to see it last night. Jack was pretty jealous.
We laughed so hard. I give it an A.
Go see it. You'll probably love it too.







2 comments:
Fun update. We loved The Avengers too!
Lucy may be the youngest crocheter in the US. That is amazing!
Post a Comment